Another good night Sunday. I slept very well with minimal discomfort. Most of my leg swelling is gone in the morning but that changes quickly once I am on my feet. I was warned today by the oncologist about possible blood clots causing the swelling. So now I have something else to watch out for. Of course I am walking a lot more, so I am on my feet more.
I had my lab work done again today. Everything is back to normal. HOORAY! I knew I was feeling better but was not sure since I still have a cough and mouth/throat tenderness. Hopefully later this week I can progress from the soft foods, to something a little more challenging, like pizza. Then maybe a quick run around town lake.
I promised a picture of my new look. It feels awkward not to have something on my head. I usually wear a hooded sweat shirt. Not because of my look so much, although I am still shocked when ever I look in the mirror. My head feels so much more sensitive to the air and temperature. I will show some hat wear choices on the next blog that you can vote on. I put my picture on at the very end so you don’t have to look at it while you read this and then you can quickly shut down your computer if you have to.
All the positive thoughts you are sending my way are obviously helping. Thanks so much. I truly appreciate all your time and energy.
Love,
Brian
9 comments:
Oh Brian...you are soooo dang CUTE!!!
I love the new look and if you were here in person I would have to rub your head. I like that you lost your hair...not your smile!
I love you Brian....and Glenda too!
Marty
you do look cute, brian. but watch out for marty....she GOES NUTS around bald guys, you know!
i mean, let's just say she has a weakness!! but i'd might have to join her in the head rubbing. can't wait to see the hat parade.
love, susie
Brian, don't tell Shawn that I have put you at the top of my "hottie' list. I have been trying to get him to shave his head since I met him 10 years ago. I am glad you are feeling a little better. I am looking forward to seeing the upcoming hat pictures.
My apologies for not being able how to post my comments any other way than anonymous! I am showing my age!
with love - Cindy
Thanks so much for keeping your blog up to date. Shawn and I think about you everyday and your efforts help us to feel connected to you....
Hello Brian,
Just caught up on your updates. Never lose that great smile! You might want to consider "do rags" also. You look great.
Barb & Dave Kemp
LOVE the look on you B! guys with a bald head make a bold statement and taking it all off shows you’re a man of true grit & confidence.
have fun rubbing that head Glenda!
love ya,
leslie
Brian, "Bald is Beautiful" at least that's what my dad days, ha, ha.
I wanted to tell you about my shower this morning (did I get your attention?). I usually pray in the shower (only place for peace and quiet for me). I was in a hurry this morning and I was frustrated that I didn't have more time to pray, so I just started saying you name, "Brian, Brian, Brian", then I started getting louder and louder, then I started screaming at the cancer cells and I saw them scattering just like the deer in my back pasture when we walk outside and scare them. The cancer cells just ran as fast as they could, jumping fences to get as far away from you as possible.
I knew in my heart you were going to have a good day.
I can't wait to see all your hats, but I better see one with a hot cowboy in it.
Love and kisses,
Renee
mmmuuuuhhhhhhhha!
Brian,
You look sooooo CUTE with your new look! I totally LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your new look with me.
Love you!!!
Post a Comment