As you know by now, I have had my my first two chemo treatments. So far so good! I have treatments again Saturday thru Wednesday. It has taken so long to get to this point. While I am doing what I can, I am now asking you for coherent healing thoughts, intentive prayer and visualizations to assist me.
I would like to share with you some thoughts I have read to optimize outcomes. A lot of this I got from the "The Intention Experiment" by Lynne McTaggart.
There are many studies on prayer showing beneficial results, but there are just as many conflicting studies. There are also many good studies on healing with intent.
Empathetic bond is important. If you aren't really into it and are just going through the motions, then it is best not to participate. Successful studies show that deliberate focused thought and peak attention on specific outcomes is important.
You have to believe that the thought or prayer will work.
Healthy positive state of mind. Your current state of mind will effect outcome. So it is not good to shift from negative conscious or subconscious thoughts to try and provide a short lived positive prayer or intentive thought.
While positive thoughts are good, you also need to eliminate negative thoughts as well. Even putting in a negative intention like “no complications” is not desirable. A “return to natural order” thought works better than a destructive thought.
There are even some studies that suggest you can change the present by praying for the past. Pray now for that person, but back for five to ten years ago. Pretty amazing, huh?
So, just saying the Lord’s prayer for someone, or to just say please heal this person, is not effective if it is not personalized. Locking in the image of that person and using concentrated focus on exactly what expected outcome you want for that person works the best.
Successful visualization requires you to visualize vividly, with powerful images and symbols and lots of sensory detail. Try and think of healing energy or divine white light. Some like to think of good vs evil, epic battleground type of stuff. I have thought of little pac men eating the mass, divine white light disintegrating the tumor and chemo pouring over cancer cells, just like acid and melting them. I dreamed a few weird ones the other night but can't for the life of me remember them. I would like to hear of some good visual images if you think of them.
I thought the clip below was cute.
6 comments:
Dear Brian, when I was facing yet another surgery (now a total of 12), I was hypnotized and "walked through" a vision of seeing myself in a mirror (which upset me immensely as all I saw were tubes, etc.) and then walking down to a creek, putting my feet in the water and seeing all of my pain, inhibitions and fear be washed away. It's self-hypnosis which did and has since been very helpful to me. Our prayers and positive thoughts are focused on YOU.
Hugs,
Barb & Dave Kemp
Brian,
I was so happy to read your vizualiztion blog. Because you are one of my music men, I have been using musical notes as my point of visualization. I see the notes and the vibration of those notes in and around all of the dis ease, literally touching the cells and leaving only healthy ones behind. I do this as I walk in the park when it is quite and even hear some of your incredible riffs in my head.
Love you, M
Dear Brian
I'm so happy to read that you have given all this over to God and that your prayer is for it to be His will that you beat the cancer. Oftentimes we pray for this or that without thought for His will, forgetting that it is only His will that prevails. I think of you so many times each day and every time I ask God for it to be His will that you endure and overcome. I strongly believe in the power of prayer and that prayer in numbers is enormously powerful. So many people are praying for you now and I am sure you will feel that power. This evening I submitted a prayer request for you, Glenda and all your children to the church we attend. We are all in your corner.
With love, Tanya and Paul
All my positive intentions as you go through this nasty process...
I hope Glenda and you get some joy and respite throughout all of this soon.
blessings, mlg
Uncle Brian,
When I went out last night the fog was so bad that I couldn't see anything around me. I could only see the few feet that were illuminated by the headlights. It was a strange feeling going down the road that I always take and not being able to see anything. To be honest it was alittle unnerving. It got me thinking of you and the Bible verse found in Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." You might know that I had surgery for my twins in July and at one point the doctors told me to prepare as the procedure could possible take my life. I immediately began to take inventory of my life. I thought of my four other children and how sad I would be to miss seeing their lives unfold. I thought of my husband and how much I love him and wondered how he would fare. I thought of my family and how important they all are to me... I really faced the fact that this might be my last year on earth. You know, I actually labeled my jewelry for my kids and told the story behind each item so that they would have something of me. I say all this to say that the one thing I wasn't- was afraid. I know this might sound cliché but I knew that no matter what happened I could trust God.
So, back to driving my car. If I wouldn't have had my headlights I would have been lost. Just like if I didn't have the Word of God or my relationship with God in my life- I would be lost. God shows me just the few steps ahead of where I am going. I can't see His grand scheme for my life. I can't see everything around me or even farther down the road and you know what? I don't need to. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:9. I know you are facing darkness in your life-Something unknown and overwhelming. It can be scary but there is a way to peace. If you look to the Word of God and seek Him in prayer- He is there and will meet you. I know because He met me. There is no formula to it. I talk to him like I talk to everyone else. There is a lamp to guide you and a light to lead you. His name is Jesus and a peace that comes from knowing Him. We can never know the why or when of things that happen and that is sometimes frustrating. But God does and He is worthy of our trust. There is no one that loves us more than Him and if you allow Him to take full control of your life you will never be disappointed. I told my husband before I went into the operating room that no matter what happens I had a peace. I put it in Gods hands. I will pray for you, your family and your wife during this strenous time and continue to ask Him to hold you all in His hands.
PS
I read your blog about Grandma Strong. That was great. I to remember going to her house,her prayers and the radio always being on listening to the old time preachers. She had a big impact on me.
Love to you and your family,
Erica- Paul's daughter
well, since you asked us to share....here's a "visualization" i had the other night and wrote down as it was running through my head:
i am seeing those cells that are hurting you being released of their hold on you and just let go into the air where they fly off and are transformed into something lovely. i have no animosity for them....they are just f'd up and all askew. so they are being rescued and released. for me doing this with love seems very powerful. (ok...it's true, sometimes i do want to shoot the finger...but...in general...)
i am seeing a very bright light filling your entire body. all your sweet healthy cells are convincing the "other" cells to do right. i am seeing the tumor losing it's momentum and fuel, becoming "disinterested",,, and it just shrinks to nothingness. i am seeing lovely pink soft velvety fluffy-cloudy stuff cushioning all your sore organs. cool crystal emerald water (like the river in utopia) is cooling you from your head down so your blood pressure just calms right down. i hear your immune system cheering "yea....here come reinforcements!!!" when the chemo goes into your body. i am smelling the wildflowers on your land...as we sit there while you are telling me your latest scan shows you are all healed!
yipeeeee! love, s
Post a Comment