
Just a quick update. I have had chemo the last 4 days and my last day of the cycle is tomorrow. Today was the second strongest hitter and tomorrow will be the strongest hitter at bat. (So they say) I will go into Seton for tomorrow afternoons treatment so that I am more comfortable. It will probably take 7-8 hours.
They say the next several days to a week is when most people notice most of their side effects.
So far I have been doing fairly well. No significant nausea or temperature. I still get some night sweats and have little cough. Most of my main complaints have to do with lower extremity swelling which impacts sitting, standing and walking. I can rarely sleep more than a hour or two at a time.
I will have about 20 days to recover before I start the next cycle. I plan to do my best to get my feet underneath me during this time and be a little more productive. No further diagnostic tests are planned at MDA till early March unless needed.
Love,
Brian
8 comments:
Loved the cartoon -- it's so very appropriate! Laughter is good medicine - keep those coming. Lots of love, Linda
yea! last day for awhile...one cycle almost done! so glad to get your updates and hope those side effects just step aside!
love! susie
I will definitely be sending positive thoughts, prayers, etc. I'm at my best when I am out in the pasture looking up at the stars and the moon. I think of you being total well, cancer free and full of life and health! Can't wait for that day!
Love,
Renee
Dear Brian,
Glad to hear you are doing so well with the chemo. My heart and prayers are with you.
Lots of love,
Deborah
Lots of real good juice coming your way. Lots of music, laughter and love. Will
Brian, brother in the battle against cancer, you are on my mind daily and I try to be with you in Spirit every day.
I know that Maggie will help you with the side effects of Chemo.
I look forward to walking the walk with you in 2009.
Love ,
Jeremiah
Brian,
This is Ryan in San Antonio. You are in my prayers. I have some news about my life to tell you sometime ...
What an adventure! Sounds like you have a good attitude about it and with all the prayers coming in, I expect you to make a full recovery. Also, sounds like you'll be laying around with nothing to do. Maybe you can help me set up a medical learning program for phlebotomy activity. It's a reward/punishment program to help them understand how important it is to hit a vein correctly the first time. I propose there are many people that would welcome an opportunity to help educate nurses and related workers that draw blood or need to set up for an IV. Here's the deal, reward is a verbal "Thank You" when they hit the vein first time correctly. Punishment is taking the sticker and jamming it in their arm if they screw it up the first time. If the second attempt is not successful, the patient has a right to punch them in the face and they must find another person to perform the process. The media in Austin might be interested in sponsoring the activity for you. I'd do it myself but since my full recovery is coming up soon, I would be too busy to follow through with this program. I had a similar experience with (2) nurses taking (2) attempts each leaving me with swelling, black & blue marks and extreme pain. Luckily, the third nurse was a macho dyke with a lot of experience that just grabbed my arm, jammed it home and taped it up. Zip-zap and it was done.
We love you Bryan and pray for your healing. The Lord gives us authority over the enemy - "In Jesus name & through the blood of Jeses, I ask for healing for Brian Chamberlain!" Scripture says: If you ask in His name it will be granted. Bro Paul & Lin
Post a Comment